Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Storm and a Prayer

Last night we had a tremendous storm. As the wind was about to kick up we took up the awning, gave the dogs a quick walk and tucked our outside rug under the RV. The first gust of 70 mile an hour winds took down our screen house down and set it in the road. So we ran out and secured it down by placing our reclining chairs on top of it, hoping that we could salvage it after the storm was over.

With everything secure, we settled in to watch the storm. Then through the trees lining the canal emerge a young man and woman. They came straight to our door and asked for refuge from the storm. Of course we said yes. They were fishermen out scouting for a spot for this weekend’s upcoming tournament. We chatted for a while about kids (they have 5 between them) and they showed us pictures on their cell phones of both kids and very large fish they have caught. Then when the storm had settled a little, we gave them our rain ponchos and they were off in their little boat to the other side of the lake and home. Tom said a prayer of safety as they left.

They were very nice people, and their names were Mary and Joseph.
Heaven sent? We are thinking so.

34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' Matthew 25: 34-36

No comments:

Post a Comment